This is a callout for CAUT Organizing for Climate Action– which is being offered in conjunction with the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT). This is an ideal course where academic associations can play a leading role in organizing their members to help our universities and colleges reduce their environmental impacts, Please take advantage of this opportunity!
In this course, participants will explore how their association can organize their membership through climate change campaigns as part of the collective bargaining process.
|Organizing for Climate Action — December 4-8, 2023 |
· Dec 4 – 8, 2023 will be a work at your own pace to complete 3 modules you will receive before hand via e-mail from CAUT.
· In total the modules should take about 3 hours.
· December 8 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, there will be an interactive webinar.
· All the information for the webinar will be provided by CAUT at the same time they provide the information for the modules.
· The webinar is held in English & French.
As part of our membership in the Federation of Post Secondary Educators (FPSE), we have an affiliation agreement with the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT). FPSE undertakes registration for all 20 FPSE locals and submits a final registration list to CAUT. Camosun College Faculty Association is Local 12.
To register, please complete the online registration form below by 4:00 PM on Friday November 24, 2023 (No registrations can be accepted after this point).
Registration confirmation will be sent via email from CAUT by December 4, 2023, and include details for accessing the Canvas Learning Management System and Zoom links for virtual webinars.
Invitations to register for the other upcoming spring courses will be coming to you shortly. It’s never to early to begin planning to attend this upcoming training. Remember, continuing instructors who were employed during Winter and Summer of 2020 have 9 extra PD Days to use before August 31, 2024 from our “Pivot Settlement”!
- Organizing School – January 15 – February 2, 2024
- Grievance Handling Course – February 16, 2024
- Labour Action for Equity Course – March 4 -8, 2024
- Collective Bargaining Training – April 2 – 5, 2024
Send Us YOUR Content for the Confluence Blog!