Camosun College Faculty Association, Local 12 in the Federation of Post-Secondary Educators of British Columbia (FPSE) acknowledges Labour Day 2023 by recognizing and celebrating the contributions of the trade union movement across Canada, and in particular the work of faculty, staff, librarians, instructors, on campus unions, and student workers at colleges, universities and unionized private training institutions across the province. FPSE member locals are committed to fighting back against the casualization of academic work, advancing equity, promoting health and safety in the workplace, advocation for academic freedom, and ensuring that post-secondary education in BC is accessible, equitable and affordable.
Labour Day 2023 messages and sentiments from affiliates far and wide you can use on your social media!
- May this Labour Day be a reminder of the importance of fair labour practices and worker’s rights.
- Greater equality in the workplace, regardless of gender, race or other factors.
- May all workers have the right to participate in the decision-making processes that affect their work and their lives.
- Wishing for greater awareness of the challenges faced by workers in the gig economy, and for their rights to be protected.
- Let’s renew our commitment to creating a world where all workers are treated with respect and dignity.
Or maybe you’d like to find an event to attend in your region!
Enjoy some labour related music with a special edition of the CBC Music Top 20 – Let’s Go to Work!: our top 20 greatest Canadian songs about work!
Unions raise the standard of living for all workers, achieve protections for health and safety in the workplace, and promote equity and fairness in society. Labour Day is the time to recognize, celebrate and thank workers for the labour they provide!
Post submitted by Brent Calvert, President of the Federation of Post-Secondary Educators of BC
Send Us YOUR Content for the Confluence Blog!