I know from the title you were probably expecting to get a series of Confluence Blog articles from the Union’s posts over the last month. Well, surprise! THERE WEREN’T ANY. Not that I didn’t want to publish some great info for our members or that I wouldn’t have loved to post your content, too (that’s a plea, by the way!). None of us have had the time. But I didn’t want you to miss some important things you need to know.
SD Intents FOR EVERYONE entitled to SD and Proposals for SD Activities in Summer are due TODAY!
- If you can’t access Faculty Connect or your Intent won’t submit for any reason, email your Chair & CC your Dean with your intention so you can prove you were “on time”.
- You DO NOT need to do any certain percentage of your SD to be on Professional, Instructional, or Organizational Development in any single given year or proposal. Here’s the clause from 10.01 (e):
- “While scheduled development projects may include any or all of these categories, over time approximately half (1/2) of a Faculty Member’s activity shall focus on professional development. With approval from their Dean or Director, Faculty Members may increase their proportion of professional development.
- If your Intent or Proposal is unreasonably denied, let us know. We can help.
Payroll Advance Option to support faculty negatively impacted by the Pay Date Change information went out in CamNews yesterday.
- The College is making the “loan option” available to faculty and exempt employees. This “loan” is essentially a one-week advance on your wages which you will repay bi-weekly in the remaining pay periods to the end of December 2023 or end of contract, whichever comes first.
- Because of the tax code in Canada, this type of loan/advance is characterized as a “taxable benefit”. However, since it changes your total remuneration very minimally in this calendar year, I’m told it should have a minimal net effect on your tax liability. Perhaps one of our members can explain it better to me and we’ll post it on the Blog.
- This comprehensive information page on the pay date change is available online.
- To request a loan, please email ac.nusomac@egnahcetadyap by Feb. 15 and a form will be sent to you.
Look for other important updates coming from us over the next week. Please fill out our Communications Survey if you have a chance, and please reach out if you have any questions about your working conditions, rights, or compensation. We are here to help.
Send Us YOUR Content for the Confluence Blog!