I know many of you were negativity impacted by the pay date change and wanted to be sure you don’t miss the window to reapply! The Payroll Advance Option to support faculty negatively impacted by the Pay Date Change Deadline to Apply is February 15!
- The College is making the “loan option” available to faculty and exempt employees. This “loan” is essentially a one-week advance on your wages which you will repay bi-weekly in the remaining pay periods to the end of December 2023 or end of contract, whichever comes first.
- Because of the tax code in Canada, this type of loan/advance is characterized as a “taxable benefit”. However, since it changes your total remuneration very minimally in this calendar year, I’m told it should have a minimal net effect on your tax liability.
- This comprehensive information page on the pay date change is available online.
- To request a loan, please email ac.nusomac@egnahcetadyap by Feb 15 and a form will be sent to you.
SD Intents FOR EVERYONE entitled to SD are supposed to be Dean/Director approved by Feb 15. If you’ve indicated that you intend to do your SD in Spring/Summer, your Proposals for SD Activities were also due Feb 1, but due to how Faculty Connect works, can’t be submitted until your intent is approved!
- If you can’t access Faculty Connect or your Intent or Proposal won’t submit for any reason, you can email your Chair & CC your Dean with your proposal so you can prove you were “on time”. You can also create (but not submit) your proposal within Faculty Connect in advance which will time and date stamp it in case your Intent approval is delayed.
- You DO NOT need to do any certain percentage of your SD to be on Professional, Instructional, or Organizational Development in any single given year or proposal. Here’s the clause from 10.01 (e):
- “While scheduled development projects may include any or all of these categories, over time approximately half (1/2) of a Faculty Member’s activity shall focus on professional development. With approval from their Dean or Director, Faculty Members may increase their proportion of professional development.
- If your Intent or Proposal is unreasonably denied, let us know. We can help.
- If your Proposal has not been formally approved by March 15, according to our Collective Agreement, Clause 10.01 (d) states that your proposal will have been deemed to be approved.
Please reach out if you have any questions about your working conditions, rights, or compensation.
Send Us YOUR Content for the Confluence Blog!
The Confluence Blog is for members, by members. Your colleagues are interested in what you have to say! Contact us or send your article in by College Email. New blog posts can be published daily, accounting for staff availability. Feel free to include images licensed through Creative Commons, that you personally own rights to, or other royalty free open resource images.
Leave a Reply