Good Afternoon Members,
This is the first call for CAUT Grievance Handling – register by 4:00 PM on Thursday March 9, 2023 which is being offered in conjunction with the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT). This is an ideal course for those new to grieving – that’s the dispute resolution process between the employer and union. Please take advantage of this opportunity if you’d like to develop a better understanding of the grievance process or to find out if being a steward is something that you’d like to do!
|GRIEVANCE HANDLING — March 27 – March 31, 2023|
|March 27 – March 30||Self-guided||Online Module|
|March 30||9:00 am to 12:00 pm PST||Zoom|
Representing your members when they file a grievance against the administration is a key function of your association. In this course, participants will:
· Situate the right to grieve in a historical context.
· Distinguish a grievance from a complaint.
· Identify different types of grievances.
· Explore the legislative and contractual framework underlying the grievance arbitration process.
· Define the components of the grievance officer’s job.
· Write a basic grievance and negotiate a grievance settlement.
**Webinars will be conducted in English and French with simultaneous interpretation available, as well as a dedicated French breakout room for the collective bargaining simulation.
As part of our affiliation agreement with FPSE, they undertake registration for our local and submit a final registration list to CAUT.
To register, please complete the online registration form below by 4:00 PM on Thursday March 9, 2023 (No registrations can be accepted after this point).
Registration confirmation will be sent via email from CAUT March 27, 2023, and include details for accessing the Canvas Learning Management System and Zoom links for virtual webinars.
Invitations to register for the other upcoming spring courses will be coming to you shortly. It’s never to early to begin identifying the members at your local who you would like to receive this upcoming training.
- FPSE Local Bargaining
- FPSE Stewarding
- FPSE Preparing for Job Action
A few other reminders:
- If you want to request the Pay Date Change loan, please email ac.nusomac@egnahcetadyap by Feb. 15 and a form will be sent to you.
- If you want to take CAUT Collective Bargaining you need to register by 4:00 PM on February 16, 2023 (No registrations can be accepted after this point).
- If your SD Intent or Proposal is unreasonably denied, let us know. We can help.
Send Us YOUR Content for the Confluence Blog!